The Australian National Drag Racing Association (ANDRA) is pleased to confirm a nine-round calendar for the 18/19 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series.
By the time the championship chase concludes in April of 2019, the 18/19 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series will have unfolded across nine events in three states: the Northern Territory, Victoria and Western Australia.
With the first two rounds of the season now successfully completed in the Territory earlier this month, the series is preparing to head to Victoria’s Sunset Strip (Mildura) for round three – the Sunset Strip Nationals – across September 22-23.
The championship will then stay-on in Victoria for round four at Portland’s South Coast Raceway (November 10-11) before jetting across to Western Australia for the Perth Motorplex’s Goldenstates event on December 1.
Following a summer holiday break, the season will then resume in Portland for round six, the South Coast 660, on the weekend of January 12 and 13 before Mildura plays host to round seven in mid-February (15/16).
The Perth Motorplex will then host both the penultimate and final rounds of the 18/19 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series, with the Westernationals (March 2-3) providing the prefect preamble to the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series Grand Final (April 6-7). (Please note: in the event that Junior Drag Racing continues to be suspended in WA by the time Portland’s January event is held, then a Junior Grand Finals event will be held at Mildura’s February 15-16 event).
With track works scheduled for both Victoria’s Calder Park Raceway and South Australia’s Adelaide International Raceway, it is possible additional dates for these venues may be added to the 18/19 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series, if works are completed on time.
Should these or any other calendar amendments be made they will be communicated to ANDRA members with as much notice as possible.
For more information on the 18/19 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series or the Australian National Drag Racing Association, please visit www.andra.com.au
2018/2019 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series Calendar:
- Round one – Hidden Valley Drag Strip (Darwin, NT) – Nitro Up North – July 13-14, 2018
- Round two – Alice Springs Inland Dragway (Alice Springs, NT) – Desert Nationals – July 21-22, 2018
- Round three – The Sunset Strip (Mildura, VIC) – Sunset Strip Nationals – September 22-23, 2018
- Round four – South Coast Raceway (Portland, VIC) – November 10-11, 2018
- Round five – Perth Motorplex (Perth, WA) – Goldenstates – December 1, 2018
- Round six – South Coast Raceway (Portland, VIC) – South Coast 660 – January 12-13, 2019
- Round seven – The Sunset Strip (Mildura, VIC) – February 15-16, 2019
- Round eight – Perth Motorplex (Perth, WA) – Westernationals – March 2-3, 2019
- Round nine – Perth Motorplex (Perth, WA) – Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series Grand Final – April 6-7, 2019